PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd. is currently seeking an Actuarial Co-op Student to join our Vancouver team beginning January 2023 for an 8 or 12-month term.
PBI is an employee-owned Canadian firm. It is based in Vancouver and also operates offices in Montreal and Burlington.
PBI is a firm that specializes in providing pension, benefit and investment consulting services for the private and public sector, multi-employer and jointly trusteed pension plans and benefit plans. For more information about PBI, please see our website: www.pbiactuarial.ca
A unique work environment
PBI’s work philosophy is based on open-mindedness and the active involvement of all its associates.
In fact, our company encourages growth both on a personal and professional level inside a healthy, respectful learning environment. More specifically, our core values are cooperation, self-sufficiency for teams as well as individuals, dedication towards our clients and our Company, development of skills, confidentiality, efficiency, creativity, thoughtful decision-making, precision and synergy.
Tasks and responsibilities
To fulfill this role, the individual will:
- Assist in the preparation of actuarial valuations for pension plans, including data validation, asset reconciliation and programming of liabilities in ProVal
- Interact with clients in administrative tasks such as pension benefit calculations, client data and benefit statements
- Participate in investment studies and perform plan rate of return analysis
- Remit governmental compliance documents
- Draft reports, presentations and other various internal and client documents
- Pursuit of an undergraduate degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, or other mathematics-related degrees
- Interest in learning practical applications of actuarial science
- Demonstrated ability to pass actuarial exams
- Proficient with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment while also being self-sufficient
- Demonstrates initiative, attention to detail and commitment to the task
- Ability to manage priorities and work on multiple simultaneous projects within strict deadlines
Terms and conditions of employment
- Competitive Salary
- 40-hour weekly schedule
- Enrolment in PBI’s actuarial exam program which covers exam and study material costs as well as provides study time support
- Starting date: January 2023
Those who would like to apply must send their resume along with a cover letter to Brian Yip:
Deadline: September 30, 2022