PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd. is currently seeking an Actuarial Analyst to join our Vancouver team.
PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd. is a pension, benefits and investment consulting firm providing innovative, sound, and cost-effective integrated solutions to fulfill our clients’ pension and benefits needs. We lead investment policy development, implementation, and monitoring for our clients’ trust funds, which range from $20 million to several billion. PBI is an employee-owned Canadian firm, based in Vancouver with offices in Montreal and Toronto. PBI offers competitive compensation and benefits, a bonus program, an assistance program for completion of CFA exams, training and career development. PBI has an open and participative culture that the right candidate will find rewarding and exciting.
A unique work environment
PBI’s work philosophy is based on open-mindedness and the active involvement of all its associates.
In fact, our company encourages growth both on a personal and professional level inside a healthy, respectful learning environment. More specifically, our core values are cooperation, self-sufficiency for teams as well as individuals, dedication towards our clients and our Company, development of skills, confidentiality, efficiency, creativity, thoughtful decision-making, precision and synergy.
Tasks and responsibilities
An Investment Analyst performs analysis and calculations for trust funds including:
- Prepare reports on fund and manager investment performance
- Provide assistance to the efficient operation of the investment practice
- Assist with investment manager selections
- Correspond with investment managers and custodians: inquiries, updates, data requests, etc.
- Research traditional and alternative investments
- Prepare economic updates, internal monthly market updates, and quarterly investment manager commentaries
- Assist with stochastic and deterministic asset/liability modeling and stress testing
- University/college degree required, preferably in Finance, Commerce, Economics, or related discipline
- CFA Level 1 ideal but not required
- 1-2 years of pension investment, asset management or other relevant financial sector experience
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to work under multiple deadlines and on several projects simultaneously
- Available to work extra hours during peak times
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Takes pride in doing good work and can learn from mistakes
- Able to manage priorities and work on several simultaneous projects within strict deadlines
- Strongly dedicated to keeping clients satisfied
- Able to easily adapt to a new work environment
- Is a team player, yet is self-sufficient and shows initiative
- Ability to speak French a plus but not required
- Ability or familiarity with Python, SQL or PowerBI or ability to code in other languages a plus but not required
Terms and conditions of employment
- Permanent position
- 40-hour weekly schedule
- Salary will be based on experience and our internal policy in force
- Enrolment in extended health benefits and company pension plan
- Starting date: July 2021 or earlier
Those who would like to apply must send their resume along with a cover letter to Laura Grant:
By email: laura.grant(at)pbiactuarial.ca
Deadline: June 25, 2021