PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd. is currently seeking a Pension Plan Administrator to join our team.
PBI is an employee-owned Canadian firm with offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Burlington. The Company offers competitive compensation and benefits.
PBI is a firm that specializes in providing pension, benefit and investment consulting services for multi-employer, jointly-trusteed pension plans and benefit plans.
For more information about PBI, please see our website: www.pbiactuarial.ca
A unique work environment
PBI’s work philosophy is based on open-mindedness and the active involvement of all its associates.
Our company encourages growth both on a personal and professional level inside a healthy respectful learning environment. More specifically, our core values are cooperation, self-sufficiency for teams as well as individuals, dedication towards our clients and our Company, development of skills, confidentiality, efficiency, creativity, thoughtful decision-making, precision, and synergy.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Produce and/or review pension benefit calculations, including required documentation
- Preparation and production of plan information for those who are entitled to receive it and ensure that the information is accurate and complete and provided within the timeframe specified in the rules and regulations
- Preparation and/or review of valuation data
- Assist with Member inquiries either via phone, e-mail or in person
- Interpret and apply pension plan texts, administrative policies, and related legislation
- Provide assistance for any related work or special projects
- Involvement in new business and member communications work
- Reconcile pension contributions and payments, and process plan expenses
- Assist with government filings
- Develop routine client correspondence
- Post-secondary education and/or related courses (CEBS)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in defined benefit pension plan experience
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to work under deadlines and on several projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to superior client satisfaction
- Strong Excel skills
- Is a team player, yet is self-sufficient and shows initiative.
- Able to easily adapt to a new work environment.
Terms and conditions of employment
- Permanent position
- 40-hour weekly schedule
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Enrollment in extended health benefits and company DB/Group RRSP pension plan
- Salary Range: $60,000 to $75,000
Those who would like to apply must send their resume along with a cover letter to Annaelle Wright:
Deadline: January 19, 2024