PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd. is currently seeking a Receptionist to join our team.
PBI is an employee-owned Canadian firm. It is based in Vancouver and it also operates offices in Montreal and Toronto. The company offers competitive compensation and benefits.
PBI is a firm that specializes in providing pension, benefit and investment consulting services for multi-employer, jointly-trusteed pension plans and benefit plans.
A unique work environment
PBI’s work philosophy is based on open-mindedness and the active involvement of all its associates.
In fact, our company encourages growth both in a personal and professional level inside a healthy, respectful learning environment. More specifically, our core values are cooperation, self-sufficiency for teams as well as individuals, dedication towards our clients and our company, development of skills, confidentiality, efficiency, creativity, thoughtful decision-making, precision and synergy.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Receptionist will work with the Administrative team and be responsible for providing support for the day-to-day operations of the company. To fulfill this role, the individual will:
- Manage reception/switchboard
- Be responsible for the coordination of both internal and external meetings including bookings, catering set up webcast (if appropriate), equipment, conference call tracking
- Deal with couriers and other service providers to the company
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Coordinate with building management for water/power shutdown
- Liaison of annual/semi-annual maintenance
- Basic troubleshooting of printer/postage machine/fax problems
- Work in Records Management, both creating new files and shelving files
- Maintain and order office and kitchen supplies
- Maintain the staff kitchen
- Coordinate couriers
- Assist the Administrative Assistants when needed (e.g., mass mailing)
- 1-3 years reception/switchboard experience
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2013, especially Outlook and Word
- Able to work under deadlines and on several projects simultaneously
- Commitment to superior client satisfaction
- Oral and written proficiency in both French and English is an asset but not required
- Is a team player, yet is self-sufficient and shows initiative
- Able to easily adapt in a new work environment
Terms and conditions of employment
- Permanent position/full-time
- 40 hour weekly schedule
- Salary will be based on experience and our internal policy in force
- Starting date: June 3, 2019
Those who would like to apply must send their résumé along with a cover letter to Laura Grant:
By email: laura.grant(at)pbiactuarial.ca
Deadline: May 17, 2019